Brian Communications is a strategic communications agency, led by Brian Tierney. With expertise in strategic counsel and planning, public relations, crisis communications, branding and advertising, Brian is one of the fastest-growing communications firms in Center City Philadelphia. At Brian, we work with some of the most respected companies and institutions in the region. We are growing quickly and looking for talented, driven individuals to join our public relations team. Our team is comprised of some of the best and most promising communications professionals in the industry.
- Senior-level communications counsel and ensures the effective implementation of clients' strategic communications programs.
- Anticipates and manages communications issues and effectively positions clients with key opinion leaders and constituencies.
- Develops and tracks budgets including monitoring account team hours, out of pocket costs, etc for multiple accounts
- Supervises a number of direct reports for which he/she is responsible for performance reviews, professional development and account work oversight.
- Fosters agency culture
- Develops strategic communications programs that could include media relations, community relations, public affairs, social media, CEO positioning, etc.
- Reviews and edits the written work of staff including media materials (news releases, media advisories, background materials, media messages and Q &A ) as well as client presentations, speeches and by-line articles.
- May participate in crisis and issues management opportunities.
- Participates with agency leadership team in developing proposals for new business opportunities
- Skilled in program development and execution of PR strategies.
- Previous experience in leading teams and managing budgets.
- Proven track record of successful media relations coverage; proven experience in pitching business and consumer stories to various media outlets, including bloggers.
- Strong writing and editing skills; background in AP-style writing.
- Proven ability to multi task; strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with social media platforms and their use for audience engagement to support media strategy.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment; exercise independent judgement and discretion in matters of significance.
- Bachelors degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English or other related field
- 10+ years experience in agency public relations or similar position.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.