Fast-paced, creative and passionately focused on elevating the organizations, events and leaders that make the Philadelphia region – and beyond – go, Brian Communications is seeking a Public Relations Intern to help deliver strategic, dynamic ideas (and high-profile results), which are the hallmark of a Brian Tierney-led agency.
Public Relations Intern | THE ROLE
Embrace your Inner Researcher: Provide support to account teams in delivering media analyses/reports, monitoring daily news updates, developing comprehensive media lists, creating background materials, flagging key industry and client-related media placements and finding the answers to those rhetorical questions from this morning’s brainstorm that no one expected an answer to (You know, because you rock).
· Get “Nitty-Gritty” on the Details: Assist agency leaders and account teams in identifying logistical options, vendors and other key information (including pricing) in support of events, presentations and media campaigns and day-to-day ideation, which require smart budgeting. (P.S. Gritty is our agency spirit animal).
· Love the phone: Media pitching at Brian Communications is a contact sport and a core responsibility for our public relations team. You will not only assist in drafting key media materials (press release, media advisory, fact sheet, reporter backgrounders, etc.) but also in securing media placements, often working the phones in advance of events and client announcements.
· Social Influencer #OnTheRise: Develop copy and execute social media strategies for a number of clients. There’s nothing we love more than an excuse to be tweeting, posting and going viral.
· Open Mary Poppins’ Bag: Every day is different and for Public Relations Interns, that is especially true. This role is about responding to the changing needs of the day and week to build breadth and depth of experience. Media relations, social media, event planning, research, and getting a taste of daily agency life. It’s all in “the bag” for this role, so reach in and go for it!
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
· An active listener and synthesizer of information across various accounts and industries
· A good writer and critical thinker, open to feedback and willing to “take another run at it” when asked
· A detail – and deadline – oriented individual with a love of learning (Even outside of the classroom)
· A hand raiser. Be the kid you always wanted to be (or were) in 2nd grade. We love it.
· Passionate about the work – whatever it may be – and the agency
· Respectful of clients, colleagues and the media. We’re all in this together.
· Genuinely, nice to be around.
· Rising Seniors preferred; Rising Juniors will be considered
· Ability to be on site in our Center City office a minimum of 3 days per week during Summer 2020
· 3.0 GPA or higher
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· Ability to prioritize multiple projects
· Ability to handle information in a confidential, objective and professional manner
Your application was submitted successfully.