Brian Communications is a strategic communications agency, led by Brian Tierney. With expertise in strategic counsel and planning, public relations, crisis communications, branding and advertising, Brian Communications is one of the fastest-growing communications firms in the Philadelphia region.
Realtime Media (RTM) www.rtm.com is one of Philadelphia’s fastest growing digital agencies, building award-winning promotions - sweepstakes, instant win games, contests, purchase rewards programs, and more – for Clients including Maybelline, NFL, the Philadelphia Eagles, QVC, Netflix, Burger King and many of the world’s largest agencies and brands. RTM has pioneered the digital promotions space since dial-up internet was a thing. We created the first online scratch card, launched the first Tell-A-Friend referral campaign, developed the first online collect & win game, and even implemented the first Instagram contest for General Electric. Since then, our technology team has been continually pushing the limits of gamification tactics and innovating new ways to drive consumer engagement.
The Staff Accountant position handles all accounting functions for the (2) above-named Companies. We are looking for an experienced, organized, and efficient individual to work full-time and support the accounting function. The majority of the day-to-day accounting work and analysis relates to Realtime Media and Brian Communications work would be more cyclical at beginning/end of month as part of the close and invoicing.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to make the move out of public accounting or a new experience from the corporate side. This individual will play a key role in the Accounting/Finance function of (2) fast-growing Companies. This is a fun, outgoing and collaborative work environment.
- Assist with month-end close process, including variance analysis and executive reporting
- Perform Balance Sheet Account Reconciliations
- Input Accounts Payable and credit card transactions into Quickbooks Accounting System
- Prepare client invoices based on Statements of Work (SOW) and monthly time reports
- Assist Controller in preparation of internal monthly financial statements
- Process accounts receivable and management of A/R collection process
- Analysis of project and client profitability
- Overall support of the Controller, CFO and Accounting function
- Opportunity for growth as Companies continues to grow
- Own the FinancialForce/Salesforce technology function for the integration and reporting for the Accounting and Finance department
- Willingness to act on items beyond formal job responsibilities, as needed.
- Participate in all Company and function and business-unit specific meetings, in order to fully-understand the Companies and begin driving Company initiatives
- Clerical Functions – Filing invoices, depositing checks, mailing checks, organizing files, etc…
- Strong Accounting background
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Minimum (2) years accounting experience; public accounting a plus, but not required
- Working knowledge of Accounting software (specifically Quickbooks)
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and work independently with little supervision
- Strong work ethic
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and ability to compile and analyze data from multiple systems
- Proven analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills
- Willing and able to learn and adapt to new technology – including but not limited to Salesforce, FinancialForce, and other project management, HRIS, and time tracking software
- Ability to handle information in a confidential, objective and professional manner
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) a plus